According to DrugWatch.com, more than 4,000 patients who used Pradaxa, a blood thinner drug, suffered damaging side effects, such as rectal, brain, and gastrointestinal bleeding, and hundreds of individuals sustained fatal injuries. As a result, many patients have filed lawsuits against Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, the manufacturer of Pradaxa. In May 2014, the manufacturer agreed to pay $650 million to settle all federal and state lawsuits. Unfortunately, individuals continue to suffer these avoidable, life-threatening injuries.
If you have suffered serious side effects after using Pradaxa, we urge you to get in touch with out Atlanta dangerous drugs lawyer at Schneider Hammers right away. We hold an AV® preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell®!
Common Claims Against Boehrinder Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
There have been several types of claims made against Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals after individuals have suffered negative side effects as a result of using Pradaxa.
- The company advertised that Pradaxa is safer and more convenient than warfarin, another blood-thinning drug. Studies proved that Pradaxa has the same or a higher risk for bleeding than warfarin. In addition, studies proved there is no antidote for excessive bleeding for Pradaxa users.
- The manufacturer advertised Pradaxa as a “one-size-fits-all” medication and did not necessitate physician checkups to monitor and adjust dosage amounts.
- The manufacturer did not adequately disclose information or provide warnings about the risks of excessive, serious, and uncontrollable bleeding.
- The manufacturer did not establish treatment methods or protocol for individuals who experience serious bleeding as a result of the medication.
- The company did not adequately establish variable factors or research the safety of the medication when recommending dosage.
- The manufacturer intentionally concealed facts about Pradaxa’s dangers.
- The company failed in duty to warn consumers of dangers.
Schneider Hammers can Fight for your Rights Today!
If you have suffered the loss of a loved one or if you have sustained injuries or negative side effects after using Pradaxa, get in touch with our Atlanta dangerous drug lawyers at Schneider Hammers as soon as possible. When you entrust our team with your case, we will work diligently to gather evidence of your condition in order to build the strongest case possible. When you become our client, you can rest easier knowing we will do everything in our power to pursue maximum financial compensation while you focus on the road to physical recovery.