A soft tissue injury can result from numerous types of accidents and physical trauma. Some injuries are relatively minor and will improve with time. Others are more severe, more painful, and may require more intense treatment. If you’ve suffered a soft tissue injury due to someone else’s negligence, you deserve compensation for your damages. The Mableton personal injury attorneys of Schneider Hammers can help.
Soft tissue supports, connects, and surrounds other parts of the human body, such as organs. Examples include skin, fat, ligaments, tendons, muscles, nerves, and blood vessels. An injury to soft tissue is usually the result of some sort of physical trauma. The following are common types of soft tissue injuries:
- Sprains – stretches or tears of a ligament, often seen in the ankles, knees, or wrists
- Strains – injury to a muscle or tendon, often seen in the foot, leg, or back
- Contusions (bruises) – damage to muscle fiber and connective tissue resulting from blunt force to the skin
- Tendinitis – inflammation or irritation of a tendon, often seen in shoulders, arms, legs, and feet
- Bursitis – inflammation of the bursae, which are fluid-filled sacs that cushion the joints
- Whiplash – neck pain experienced when the head suddenly and violently moves forward, then back
Every soft tissue injury is different and can range in degree from mild to severe. Generally, a soft tissue injury will result in pain, swelling, and restricted motion. For relatively mild injuries, rest and the application of ice to the affected area will ensure a speedy recovery. But for more severe injuries, the victim may require physical therapy or even surgery in order to heal. Your doctor is best positioned to judge the nature of your injury, and the proper course of treatment. Don’t disregard the need to see a doctor after an injury, even if it does not seem serious. And be sure to follow all recommended treatments and prescribed medications.
Various types of injuries may damage soft tissue, including automobile or motorcycle accidents, slip and fall accidents, and sports injuries. When these injuries are the result of negligence, the victim may be able to hold the responsible party liable. If the responsible party is insured, the insurance company will likely reach out to try to settle the case.
Beware that the insurance company does not have your best interests in mind. Its goal is to quickly settle your case for the lowest amount of money possible so you’ll go away. If the insurance company calls, you may be asked to give a recorded statement. This can come back to haunt you later, because the insurance company may use your own words against you. Generally, you should expect the insurance company to minimize the nature of your injuries and the degree of your suffering.
Let an experienced Georgia automobile accident attorney speak with the insurance company for you. We will investigate your claims and demand that the insurance company pay a just amount of compensation. Depending on the nature of your injuries and course of treatment, you may be eligible for these and other damages:
- Medical expenses, including for surgery, rehabilitation, and physical therapy
- Prescription drug medications to reduce inflammation
- Lost wages due to time missed from work to obtain medical treatment
- Decreased earning capacity for more serious soft tissue injuries
Our Mableton Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help
Soft tissue injuries are often more severe than the victims initially think. After you seek and obtain necessary medical treatment, talk to the attorneys of Schneider Hammers. Our team will diligently review your claims and let you know what legal options you have. Call us today to discuss your case and get started with a consultation.