After getting into a car accident, it is likely that you are disoriented and can hardly remember what happened. That is entirely normal, but if possible, you should think clearly for what follows. It is crucial that you call the emergency line if someone hasn’t already made the call.
Usually, this is the first thing you need to do after getting yourself to safety. The most commonly thought reason for this is so that the police can get to the scene of the accident. That is true, but there is another equally important reason: to get medical attention. It doesn’t matter if you have no pains, it is important to get checked.
It is vital that you inform your Atlanta, GA car accident attorney when you are involved in a crash. Your lawyer will advise you to get it done before anything else, and for good reasons. In case there are further tests needed, it is essential that you take them as soon as possible.
Why Does an Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer Insist That You Go to The Doctor After a Crash?
There are so many things that could happen to your body during and after a car accident. A lot of these are internal, so unless a doctor checks you, you may not know about them. You can imagine the dangers of having an internal injury that you don’t discover until several months later. You risk having them get worse and not getting compensated for them.
To make your Atlanta, GA claim valid, your attorney requires your medical record and report. The insurance company that you filed the claim with needs this to establish the legitimacy of your injuries. They will likely argue that the injuries were there before or that something else caused them. It is for this reason that the medical evaluation needs to be done immediately after the wreck.
In case your injuries are only discovered later, your report will indicate the reasons. Once your lawyer has this when filing the claim, he is in a better position to negotiate the compensation package. Different injuries result in different kinds of compensation depending on severity.
How Can an Atlanta Auto Accident Lawyer Help After Head And Back Injury?
Many people ignore any pains that they feel after a car accident without realizing that they could mean serious injuries. Some of the areas that are severely affected after an Atlanta, GA car wreck include the back and head. Injuries that occur in these areas often have dire consequences if ignored.
The back is a sensitive area that is often affected when there is a car accident. Some of the injuries to the back include:
- This occurs when the neck moves forward and backward rapidly during an accident before the vehicle stops. The jerking motion injures tissues in the neck and shoulders. It may take a few hours to notice it or even a couple of days.
- Herniated discs. These occur when the discs shielding the vertebrae shift after an accident. This causes pain.
- Spinal fractures. These occur when the seat belt doesn’t adequately hold the body in place during an accident. The movement causes fractures along the spine leading to pain, bladder issues and numbness depending on severity.
Many head injuries lead to severe problems in the body especially when care is not exercised. Some of them include:
- This is a less severe injury that occurs after there is the impact to your head. It can heal after some rest.
- This occurs when there is an injury to the brain as a result of a hit. It also includes the coup-contrecoup where there are two injuries, at the place of impact and the opposite side.
- Diffuse axonal injury. This caused by rapid rotation of the head which causes the brain to be behind since it cannot keep up. As a result, there is tissue damage on the brain.
How Can Atlanta Car Accident Attorneys Help After Car Crash?
Being injured due to someone else’s recklessness is devastating, but there is hope. You can seek compensation for your injuries and any other damages suffered in Atlanta, GA. However, to do this, you need an excellent Atlanta car accident lawyer that understands your position and what you need. At Schneider Hammers Georgia trial attorneys, we have a capable team that is ready to take your case. Contact us today and let us find a way to get you what you want.