It is our wish that nobody ever needs to retain a wrongful death attorney in Mableton, GA. Losing a loved one can be devastating. It’s even worse when your loved one died because of somebody’s negligence. There is nothing that can bring your loved one back. The only thing you can do is make sure you get justice for their death. Not all lawyers can handle this type of work. It takes a compassionate professional to be a Mableton wrongful death lawyer. In order to effectively handle this type of case, you need to have empathy and patience. Skilled Mableton personal injury attorneys are determined to get you the compensation you deserve.
There are dozens of ways a wrongful death can happen. They are often the result of somebody’s negligence. There are times when a wrongful death is caused by a reckless or criminal act. But usually, they are caused by a genuine accident. We understand that accidents happen. However, when someone dies as a result of an accident, the person who is responsible needs to be held accountable. If you’ve lost a loved one due to negligence, you need a Mableton wrongful death lawyer by your side.
If your family member is killed in an accident, call a wrongful death attorney in Mableton immediately. The months following their death will be very difficult. It may be the hardest thing you ever have to deal with. What you don’t need to focus on is legal issues and insurance claims. You want to focus on taking care of your family and properly grieving. A Mableton wrongful death attorney can help you do just that.
When Do you Need a Wrongful Death Lawyer in Mableton?
In a perfect world, nobody would ever need to call a wrongful death attorney in Mableton, GA. However, an experienced Mableton wrongful death attorney can make the situation a little easier to get through. People die every day. We don’t like to think about it – why would we? We know that there are serious accidents on the road all the time. We always think they’ll happen to somebody else. None of us think our family will have to deal with a tragedy of this magnitude.
There are all sorts of things that can lead to a wrongful death case in Georgia. Usually, we are looking at something more serious than a dog bite or a slip and fall accident. Although these accidents can cause serious injuries, they don’t usually result in death. The types of accidents that traditionally lead to a wrongful death include:
- Car accidents. Distracted driving and drunk driving are the leading causes of wrongful deaths in the United States. This type of reckless behavior causes serious injuries. If your family member died in a car accident, a Mableton wrongful death lawyer will fight to get you compensation.
- Truck accidents. More vehicle drivers die in truck accidents than in any other kind of accident. This is because trucks are large and powerful. The nature and severity of the impact sustained in a truck accident is enormous. A passenger or driver in a car or SUV doesn’t stand a chance against a tractor-trailer. Over 500,000 people are involved in truck accidents every year. In Georgia alone, over 1,500 people die every year in truck accidents. Almost all of the people who died were driving the car or SUV. This is why it’s so important to retain the services of a Mableton wrongful death attorney.
- Motorcycle and bicycle accidents. Because there is nothing to protect the cyclist from impact, many people die in these types of accidents. A human being simply cannot withstand the impact of a car or truck. The only thing that stands between the rider and the road is a helmet. This can lead to many spinal cord injuries and fatal injuries. Wrongful death attorneys in Mableton handle hundreds of these cases every year.
- Medical malpractice. We count on doctors to keep us well. We go to them when we are sick and injured. We trust that they know what they’re doing and that they will do their job properly. However, even doctors aren’t perfect. Accidents happen. Mableton wrongful death lawyers work hard to make sure they get the victim’s families the compensation they deserve.
- Product defects. Manufacturers do put products on the market that hurt people – even kill people. Some of these products have a design defect. Others are not made properly. These issues can lead to serious injuries and even death. Some of the most common types of products that lead to wrongful death cases include:
- Power tools and lawnmowers
- Children’s toys and games
- Dangerous drugs
- Work-related accidents. We go to work every day expecting to do our job and go home at the end of the day. When we are working with faulty equipment or in unsafe conditions, accidents happen. These accidents can lead to very serious injuries. Some of these injuries result in death. Wrongful death cases may be handled by a workers’ comp attorney. However, if there was negligence on the part of the employer, these cases are handled by Mableton wrongful death lawyers.
Some of these accidents lead to serious injuries from which you can recover. Other times, the injuries are just too serious to overcome. When your family member or loved one dies due to someone’s negligence, you need a wrongful death attorney in Mableton.
What Does a Mableton Wrongful Death Lawyer Need to Prove Wrongful Death?
A wrongful death case can be filed by a family member of the person who died. Unlike other personal injury cases, the plaintiff in a wrongful death case is never the victim. Family members rarely have standing to file a personal injury case unless the victim is a minor. It is something unique to wrongful death cases. Plaintiffs in a wrongful death suit are looking for compensation for the loss of their loved one. If you want to succeed in your wrongful death case, you need to show negligence on the defendant’s part.pa
Proving negligence in a wrongful death case is the same as it is with other personal injury cases. Your Mableton wrongful death attorney will have to prove the following:
- The plaintiff’s family member died because of the reckless, careless or negligent acts of the defendant
- The defendant owed the victim a duty of care.
- The defendant’s negligence caused your loved one’s death. The defendant may argue that the decedent was partially at fault for their death. However, even if this is true, the victim’s family may still have a viable wrongful death claim. A skilled wrongful death attorney in Mableton will do what it takes to prove your claim.
- Your family member’s death must actually result in damages. Some damages are financial and others are in the form of pain and suffering.
Skilled Mableton wrongful death attorneys are patient and understanding. They will take the time to discuss your case. They will try to come up with the best path to get you the justice your family deserves. They understand how difficult it can be to relive your loved one’s death. They want to make it as painless as possible.
Mableton Wrongful Death Attorneys Represent the Family of the Deceased
Wrongful death plaintiffs are people related to the person who died. It’s usually a spouse or child who files a wrongful death claim. It may also be a parent or sibling. It depends on the circumstances of your case. Georgia has strict laws on wrongful death. They only allow the following people to recover damages under a wrongful death action in Georgia:
- The victim’s spouse
- The victim’s minor children. The spouse may represent the interests of the minor children. The spouse has to retain at least 1/3 of all monies recovered in a wrongful death action
- The victim’s parents or the personal representative of their estate. This applies if the deceased had no spouse or surviving children.
If you fulfill these requirements, reach out to a wrongful death attorney in Mableton right away. They will verify that you are qualified to file the claim. They will also try to negotiate a settlement with the insurance company. Georgia doesn’t allow unmarried partners to file wrongful death lawsuits. Your Mableton wrongful death lawyer is going to have to show that you qualify under the Georgia statute above.
What Damages Can a Mableton Wrongful Death Lawyer Demand?
It is sad to lose a loved one. However, just because someone died, it doesn’t mean you are supposed to file a wrongful death lawsuit. You must suffer losses in order to recover damages under a wrongful death action. Your Mableton wrongful death lawyer has to show that the defendant is liable for the victim’s death. He must also demonstrate that you have suffered a loss.
There are two kinds of wrong death damages you can claim. The first type is meant to compensate the family for what they would have enjoyed had the victim not died. The second type is designed to make up for the expenses directly related to the accident. Under Georgia law, your Mableton wrongful death attorney is allowed to demand the following:
- Damages related to the deceased including:
- Wages the victim would have earned had he not been killed
- Damages for the companionship and advice your loved one would have given your family
- Financial reimbursement for the following expenses:
- Medical expenses
- Burial expenses
- Pain and suffering endured prior to your loved one’s dying
A wrongful death attorney in Mableton is going to do everything he can to get the money your family deserves. In order to prove these damages, you need to give your Mableton wrongful death lawyer certain information. This includes tax records to prove what your loved one would have earned had he still been alive. You also want to submit copies of the medical bills and the funeral costs. Your wrongful death attorney in Mableton understands this is painful. Your attorney will support you through the entire process.
Contact a Mableton Wrongful Death Lawyer Today
If a loved one has died in an accident, contact a Mableton wrongful death lawyer immediately. You have to deal with planning funeral and sorting out your loved one’s final affairs. You won’t have the time or strength to deal with insurance companies and lawyers. This is why you need a wrongful death attorney in Mableton. He can handle all of this for you.
If you’re lucky, the insurance company will pay your wrongful death claim. Sadly, this isn’t always the case. Insurance companies don’t stay in business by paying all claims submitted to them. They may deny your claim for a multitude of reasons. If they do this, your wrongful death attorney in Mableton will contact them. They will demand that they approve the claim and make things right. They will try their best to negotiate a fair settlement with the defendant’s insurance company. If they refuse to cooperate, your attorney will file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Mableton wrongful death attorneys sometimes have to file lawsuits. They’d rather settle every case they handle. Some insurance companies prefer to settle wrongful death claims to avoid negative publicity. Others understand that it can be more expensive to fight a claim than it is to pay it. This is where your Mableton wrongful death lawyer comes in. He can work with the insurance company to find a resolution that works for everyone.
Mableton wrongful death attorneys understand what it takes to prove a wrongful death case. They also know how to convince a jury that you are entitled to damages. They know that most jurors are very sympathetic to plaintiffs who have lost a loved one. A trial can lead to much higher damages than the insurance claim. This is why insurance companies prefer to settle.
If your loved has been killed due to negligence, you need to contact a Mableton wrongful death lawyer today. The initial consultation is free and you pay nothing until you settle your case!